Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blog From Pablo


TuneGroove #2: Marvin Gaye "What's Goin' On"





I started working on this bass line again when we got back from tour, and have realized even more since traveling the country what an amazing song this is. Here's a few thoughts I have on the recording itself. I love the alternate percussion congas, they are an essential part of the groove on this track. I love all of the background party vocal tracks, gives it a really laid back vibe. Great use of auxiliary instruments as well like vibes and strings. I recommend this whole album, unlike other Motown songs which are single based this album works as a whole and has an amazing vision, concept, and message behind it. Now to that bass line...

To read more from Pablo's blog post and follow him on blogger.com CLICK HERE

No comments: